200-Hour Foundation & 300-Hour Advanced Yin Yang Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Trainings
with JANET LAU at The Yoga Room 4/F Studio
The Teacher who is a Student
A teacher and a student interconnect with each other. To offer maximum benefit to a student, a teacher needs to be open and receptive. It’s easy to be a yoga teacher, but it’s not easy to be a teacher who lives his/her teachings authentically.
This training program provides a platform for those who are ready to teach, already teaching, or those who want to gain more clarity of their life purpose and learn to cultivate harmony within and without. Teaching is only one part of life, so if we have clarity about our life path and live it truthfully, everything falls into the right place.
The Yin Yang Vinyasa teacher training is separated into four modules to meet different needs:
Yin Yang (110 hours)
Yoga Sutras (90 hours)
Speak your Truth (60 hours)
Mindfulness (150 hours)
Completing specific modules will prepare you as a 200-hr and/or 500-hr Registered Yoga Teacher under the Yoga Alliance system.
At this moment, the Yoga Alliance has two certificates and they are:
RYT200 – 200 hours registered yoga teacher
RYT500 – 500 hours registered yoga teacher
You can enroll specific modules under this lineage to acquire these certifications:
RYT200: Yin Yang + Yoga Sutras
This training is suitable for those who have not undertaken any training previously but wish to teach or have a deeper understanding of Yoga. These two modules will give you a set of foundational tools that prepare you to stand in front of your students and lead yin-yang classes.
– Apprentices have to complete and graduate these two modules within one to two years: Yin Yang followed by Yoga Sutras.
– Apprentices can complete the modules in different countries.
– Full participation in the training (including submitting the homework on time) is required in order to obtain the Yoga Alliance Certification, with no exceptions.
RYT500: RYT200* + 300-hr Advanced Training (Yin Yang or Yoga Sutras + Speak Your Truth + Mindfulness)
The 300-hour training offers you a platform to share your yoga knowledge and life wisdom in your own unique, authentic way. Depending on the elective module you choose (Yin Yang or Yoga Sutras), you can become a spiritual and yin yang yoga teacher.
– * RYT200 teaching certification from any lineage, approved by Yoga Alliance, is required in order to apply for RYT500 (existing RYT200 certificate PLUS the completion of the 300-hour training certificate).
– The Speak Your Truth and Mindfulness modules are mandatory and apprentices can choose either Yin Yang or Yoga Sutras as an elective to complete the 300-hour program requirement.
– Apprentices must successfully graduate from all three 300-hour modules no longer than four years and no less than two years in order to receive the 300-hour certificate.
– There is no specific order of the three required modules.
– For those who have taken RYT200 with Janet Lau, the Yin Yang OR Yoga Sutras modules must be retaken in order to fulfill 300-hour training requirements.
– Full participation of the training (including submitting the homework on time) is required in order to obtain the Yoga Alliance Certification, with no exceptions.
Continue Self Studies: Any module(s) of interest
For those who wish to have a deeper connection and transformation within yourself, or those who wish to gain more understanding of spirituality, the Yogic, and Buddhist traditions are welcomed to enroll in the module(s) that interests you.
– For existing RYTs, the modules can be counted as continuing education with Yoga Alliance.
– For those who enroll the training(s) for personal studies but at the same time would like to obtain the RYT certifications, then the RYT200 and/or 500 track is recommended as mentioned above.