- This event has passed.
Summer Program – Hammock Yoga for Kids with Cindy
July 3 @ 2:30 pm - August 7 @ 3:30 pm
The Summer Program: Hammock for Kids is designed for kids of 10 to 15 years. No previous aerial yoga experience required, but prior students will be challenged in this mixed levels class! We will explore yoga in the aerial hammock in a fun way and learn mindfulness and self-regulation strategies to help today’s teen develop both mentally and physically. Hammock yoga will help with their flexibility and also to increase the strength in their upper and lower body. This is a great class to experience zero compression and decompress the spine. They will learn all this whilst working on breathing techniques to learn how to relax and calm emotions. Hammock yoga is a fun class for them to experience going upside down and let go!
Things to note before attending:
- Please wear tops with sleeves to protect your armpits.
- Please do listen to your body, only go as far as comfortable.
- Please do tell the teacher if there is a blood pressure problem or vertigo.
- Please wear full- length leggings or pants.
- Please wipe sweat onto towels NOT the hammock.
- Please do not attempt any inverted or flying poses without the teacher’s permission or guidance.
- Please do not wear any jewellery during practice, including watches, rings, bracelets and necklace.
- Please do not eat at least an hour before the class.
Date: 3 July to 7 August, 2017 (6 Mondays)
Time: 2:30pm – 3:30pm
Venue: The Yoga Room 3/F Studio (limited to 9 kids only in each class)
Ages: 10 – 15 years old
Price: $1080 for whole program of 6 classes; $220 per drop in class