Events List Navigation
Yoga wheels are more than just a yoga prop, they give the individual the ability to expand and stretch and helps develop more flexibility. With a regular practice the yoga wheel helps newbies and intermediate students backbend more easily while increasing more flexibility in the spine, shoulders, quads and hips as well as improving balance. In this workshop Rachel will guide you through a gentle flow on your wheel and we will talk about the different asanas that open different…Find out more »
March 4th -7th 2017: Level 1 and Level 2 March 9th-12th 2017: Level 3 and Level 4 Ayurvedic Yoga Massage (AYM) combines traditional Indian Deep Tissue Therapy and Assisted Yoga Stretching. AYM emphasizes deep strokes given with hands and feet, and therapeutic adjustments derived from the BKS Iyengar Yoga style. Aside from tension and stress release, the AYM treatment focuses on promoting circulation, deepening and lengthening the breath, increasing flexibility which eases the range of movement and improving postural alignment. Thus,…Find out more »
Are you pregnant and desiring a no-to-low intervention hospital birth for yourself and your baby?
And is your birth companion keen to learn how to best support you in this?
In this 4-hour interactive Workshop, Corinne - Prenatal Teacher at the Yoga Room and Birth Doula - will teach you and your birth companion proven tools and concepts that supports the natural unfolding of labour & birth.
* What will the Workshop cover?
Corinne invites you and your birth companion (partner/ husband/ father/ best friend/ mother) to learn more about:
• How a safe, caring, undisturbed and pleasurable birth ambiance supports you in relaxing into the process of childbirth,
• How upright positions and movement can shorten labour and lead you to seek less medical pain relief such as epidural analgesia,
• Why birth positions such as being on all fours or squatting can be more comfortable and effective for you to give birth in, instead of lying on your back with legs in stirrups,
• How your birth companion can help you cope with labour pain by applying various non-medical comfort measures such as loving touch, hot/cold packs, hip-squeeze, positive encouragement etc.,
• What it means to “Let your Monkey do it”,
• The importance of consent decision making in childbirth.
* Benefits of attending the Workshop?
• Learn about and get to practice different labour positions and movements together with your birth companion,
• Equip your birth companion with ideas and tools he/she can use to support you during childbirth,
• Create your personal birth ambiance wish-list and share and discuss it with your birth companion,
• Feel confident, uninhibited and empowered to voice your needs and choices,
• Leave with a summary of the Workshop content, so you can keep practicing the positions and non-medical comfort measures in your own home.
* When should I take this Workshop?
Any time from 25 upon till 35 weeks pregnant is a good time to attend this Workshop.
* Should I still attend a childbirth education course besides this workshop?
Corinne’s recommendation is YES. This workshop is intended to complement a comprehensive childbirth education course, NOT to replace it.
* I am not sure if this is for me. How can I find out more about the Workshop?
If you’re a regular Yoga Room student and have not yet taken Corinne’s Prenatal Yoga Class, we recommend you do take her class. This is where you can get to know her better and ask her any questions you might have.
• Early-Bird Fee: HKD 950.- (includes your fee and the fee of your birth companion) valid until 28 Feb 2017
• Normal Fee: HKD 1’100.- (includes your fee and the fee of your birth companion)
* About Corinne Konrad Calder
Corinne is a passionate and devoted Birth Doula, Prenatal Yoga Teacher and Women’s Ritual Facilitator. She has a deep understanding of the Female Menstrual Cycle, Pregnancy and Childbirth and how they affect a woman's life.
Corinne is a devotee of all things that empower women and in thus in all her teachings she guides and supports women to reconnect with themselves and their female body, power and wisdom. She is Certified in Pre-/Postnatal, Women’s and Yin Yoga and she’s a trained Birth Doula with DONA International.
To find out more about Corinne and her services you can visit her website www.rawandrich.com
Find out more »
Matthew Cohen is specialized in Sacred Energy Arts; a method of health and self-development: a multi-disciplinary approach drawn from Hatha and Taoist yoga, martial and healing arts. Healing arts, yoga and the internal martial arts, each stand alone as great health systems with complete transformative methods. However, together they become stronger, more effective and more interesting. Discover the grace and power of the ancient martial arts practices through his workshops and events in Hong Kong. 3 workshops with Matthew Cohen:…Find out more »
We are our harshest critic. Because of this self criticism and self judgement we only see our flaws. We struggle with life and cannot appreciate the abundance we have in our lives. Everything in our external life is a reflection of our inner world. What we do onto ourselves we do onto others; when we judge ourselves inside, we cannot help but judge others. The only way to free ourselves from this vicious cycle is to understand ourselves from within.…Find out more »