50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training with David Kim 2022
March 4 - March 27
Yoga Room will welcome David Kim back to Hong Kong to lead 50hr Yin Yoga Teacher Trainings at the studio.
David Kim will also be leading 2-hour, focused immersion yoga classes during his visit
Level 1: (30 hours)Materials Covered:
The YogaWise Yin Yoga Teacher Training (Level 1) is designed for students and teachers who wish to develop a deeper knowledge of this multifaceted yoga style, and emerge with a working definition and basic teaching methodology for Yin Yoga. There will be a strong emphasis on Anatomy, highlighting skeletal variations, the role of connective tissue, and the nervous system. An introduction to mindfulness meditation will address the non-physical nature of this profoundly quieting practice.
Key Features of the YogaWise Yin Yoga Training (Level 1) include:
- What’s Your Style? Defining Yin Yoga as a Theory & Practice
- Daoist perspective – Essence of Yin/Yang applied to Asana & Anatomy
- Key Yin Postures: Variations on a Shape
- Yintegration: Introducing Yin to Varied Student Populations
- ”Assessment” Postures: Finding an Appropriate Edge for Different Bodies
- Defining Target Areas: A Functional Approach to Asana
- Understanding Soft-Tissue Tension vs. Structural Compression
- What is Fascia? Exploring the Global Nature of the Extra-Cellular Maitrix
- Skeletal Variations: ”Asanalysis” of Our Unique Bones
- Beginner’s Mindfulness: Focusing Attention on Purpose
Level 2: (20 hours) Materials covered:
The YogaWise Yin Yoga Teacher Training (Level 2) is designed for current Yin teachers or those already familiar with the basic orientation and language of Yin Yoga. This 20-Hour Level 2 course offers a closer examination of upper-body anatomy , and integrates the concept of myofascial meridians with practical sequencing strategies for both Yin and Yang classes. The course will also explore creative solutions and variations of Yin postures for students with limitations.
Key Features of the YogaWise Yin Yoga Training (Level 2) include:
- Upper-Body Anatomy: Mapping the Shoulder Girdle
- What Limits Our Movement? Movement Tests for Shoulder Girdle
- Targeting Myofascial Tracks: From Mandalas to Meridians
- Posture Orientation: Creative Solutions to Postural Limitations
- Mindfulness in Practice: Incorporating Meditation In Yin
Introduction to Myofascial Meridians
- Yin + Yang Sequencing Themes: Stimulating the Myofascial Tracks
Functional Anatomy for Yin
- Mapping the Shoulder Girdle: Identifying MyoFascial Groups
- ”Asanalysis”: Tension vs. Compression at Shoulder Girdle
- Change the Pose, not the Student: Working With Postural Limitations
Mindfulness in Practice:
- Yin Yoga: Gateway to Meditation Practice
Level 1: Early Bird Price: $6,300 HKD ; Regular Price: $7,000 HKD
Level 2: Early Bird Price: $4,200 HKD ; Regular Price: $4,600HKD
Level 1+2: Early Bird Price: $9,500 HKD ; Regular Price: $10,800HKD
About David Kim:
DAVID KIM (E-RYT500) is a U.S.-based international Senior Yoga Teacher Trainer, who teaches both Yin and Vinyasa (YogaWorks) styles, and has led numerous 200- and 300-Hour Teacher Trainings, workshops, and retreats across the globe. David’s passionate embrace of Yin Yoga owes a deep debt of gratitude to his mentors Paul & Suzee Grilley; to Sarah Powers’s meditative grace; to the cumulative wisdom of cutting-edge anatomy and movement teachers; and to the dedicated students who have accompanied him along this path towards personal and spiritual awareness.
David is a registered Continuing Education provider with Yoga Alliance (USA), and taking this course will allow you to receive 20, 30 or 50 Hours of Continuing Education credit with YA.
Please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org / call 2544-8398 / whatsapp 6685-9097 (Click to start chat) for details.
Booking can also be made directly through our office, please contact us.