90-hrs Yoga Sutras Teacher Training with Janet Lau
August 9 @ 8:00 am - August 19 @ 5:30 pm
90-hrs Yoga Sutras – The wisdom of Yoga
Aug 9-19, 2018 (off on Aug 14) 8am – 5:30pm
Price: 12,500 HKD before Jun 9, 2018; Regular price: 14,500 HKD
The Yoga Sutras is one of the must-read classic texts for every serious yoga practitioner. Given its importance, it is not easy to apply the ancient wisdom into our everyday modern way of life. Using real life examples and simple terms, this module helps you understand how spirituality, meditation, and the cosmic wisdom serve our lives in a profound way. We will also study the Yoga Sutras from the Buddhist perspective. You will discover the commonalities between the two lineages and learn to blend these spiritual teachings into your life and your yin yang yoga classes.
Yoga and Buddhism are simply different attitudes towards life; those with different religious background are welcome to use these ancient wisdoms to develop a deeper connection with their own religion and belief.
This is the second mandatory module for the RYT200 apprentices, an elective for the 300-hr advanced apprentices, and an option as continuing education.
200-hr Foundational Training:
300-hr Advanced Training:
Yin Yang / Yoga Sutras
Speak Your Truth
– The origin of the Yoga Sutras
– The Eight Limbs of Yoga within the Yoga Sutras
– Applied Eight Limbs of Yoga
– Comparison of Yoga, Buddhism, and Mindfulness
– Self-reflection on your own life and relationships with others
– Understand your habitual energies and learning how to embrace and transform them
– Understand the teachings of the Yoga Sutras
– Apply the teachings of the Sutras into life to help overcome obstacles in life
– Deepen the understanding of meditation and spirituality
– Able to continue sitting meditation by yourself
Practices and homework:
– Yoga asana
– Sitting meditation
– Self-reflective journaling
– Group work and sharing
– Teaching practice
*Those retaking the module will be expected to take the role as team leaders as a practice to guide others and develop deeper understanding of the course material.
Pre-studies (must be completed prior to the start of the training):
– Chinese readers: 《瑜伽生活禪》 by Janet Lau
– English readers:
- Mindfulness in Plain English (Ch. 1-7, 10-14) by Bhante Gunaratana
- Demystifying Patanjali The Yoga Sutras by Swami Kriyananda
* The name of this module, Living our Yoga in 2016 will be changed to Yoga Sutras starting 2017.