Art of Assist in Yoga Teacher Training with Debby Stanley
January 10, 2023 - January 11, 2023
Learn the Art of Assisting in Yoga, taking your instruction to the next level with seamless hands-on adjustment and verbal cues.
Date: Jan 10 & 11, 2023
Time: 2:30 – 4:30pm
2.5 contact hours &; 1.5 non-contact hours
|2:30- 3:30pm||Introduction – where do you teach? Who do you teach?
Course objectives, Principles of assist, Why would we assist?
How do we assist? What to do if students do not want to be assisted?
Contraindications & things to avoid, Anatomy of the postures
|3:30 – 4:30pm||Demo & practice assisting
|2:30- 4:00pm||Demo & practice assisting|
|4:00-4:30pm||Questions, certificate of completion|
- Learn to safely assist your student, knowing how much would be too much.
- Understanding application of assisting, why and when do you assist
- Learn how to coordinate assisting with verbal cues
- Learn to assist with using other body parts not just your hands to assist
- Know when it is appropriate or not appropriate to assist your student, understand contraindications and precautions, learn what to look for during movement
- Learn more than one way to assist a particular pose
- Learn to assist during transition between postures
- Understand the anatomy behind the assisting
HK$750 for both days
About the trainer
Debby Stanley is an Anatomy Trains® Structural Integrator, board certified licensed bodyworker, certified SFMA, yoga instructor with 17 years of experience. She is a NCBTMB approved provider offering Thai Yoga Massage with Acupoints, a fusion of Thai massage and acupressure. Her expertise in anatomical movement and her intuitive touch in bodywork makes her a highly sought-after instructor. She has a busy practice in North Carolina USA with clients seeking her for private yoga instruction, Thai Yoga Massage, and Structural Integration.
Please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org / call 2544-8398 / WhatsApp +852 6685 9097 (Click to start chat) for details.
Bookings can also be made directly through our office, please contact us.
- Please note that once paid, no refund will be offered on trainings and workshops.
- Full participation of training hours is required to obtain certification.
- Yoga Alliance Registered Programme