Birth Bright – Yoga for Birth with Holly Wong (2.5 hrs)
July 4 @ 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm
The objective of this Yoga for Birth workshop is to introduce expecting couples to yoga poses and techniques to help with labour and birth, inspiring them to feel more confident about the upcoming birth of the baby. We will practise different techniques and skills to facilitate optimal foetal positioning for birth, to manage labour pain, and to stay present during these profound moments in our lives. This workshop is perfect for expecting mothers or couples looking to embark on an empowering experience, regardless of how much yoga experience you have.
Date: 4th July 2020 (Sat)
Time: 3PM – 5:30PM
Venue: The Yoga Room 4/F Studio
Price: HKD 550 for mom; HKD 750 for couple
In this workshop, Holly will discuss:
- simple anatomy related to pregnancy and birth; physiology of labour pain
- the different stages of labour
- how to use yoga asana and movement to promote labour and cope with pain
- how to use breathing, visualisation, vocalisation and release techniques in labour
- the theory of Optimal Foetal Positioning (OFP); how to encourage OFP in pregnancy and labour
- the role of Dad or Birth Partner during labour
Holly is a Yoga Alliance E-RYT200 and RPYT certified yoga teacher. She studied pre-natal yoga, post-natal yoga and active birth with Michelle Papa and Dr. Jean Byrne in 2015. Since then, she has taught pre-natal yoga at the Yoga Room and has spent hundreds of hours teaching and empowering pregnant women. Holly gave birth to a beautiful baby boy in September 2018 and would love to share her experience with other mothers.
Please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org / call 2544-8398 / whatsapp 6685-9097 (Click to start chat) for details.
Booking can also be made directly through our office, please contact us.
Please note that once paid, no refund will be offered on trainings and workshops.