Thai Yoga Massage with Acupoints Teacher Training
January 6, 2023 - January 15, 2023
Learn how to give a Thai Yoga Massage with Acupoints, cultivating fluidity in the body through movement and facilitating the flow of energy
Thai Yoga Massage with Acupoints is a fusion of two ancient Eastern natural healing therapeutic methodologies: Thai Yoga massage and acupressure.
|Level I||Level II|
|6-8 January 2023||13-15 January|
Saturday & Sundays 9am-6:30pm
|21 hours total|
In this course, you will learn:
- A sequence of Thai Yoga postures intelligently linked and interwoven with acupressure
- How to safely position yourself and your recipient’s body while simultaneously applying pressure to acupoints.
- The tools to be able to give a 90-minute session in an effective and safe manner.
- The importance of proper body mechanics for you as the practitioner while administering techniques unique to Thai Yoga massage.
- The location of the organ meridians and the therapeutic effects of applying pressure on certain acupoints.
- The sequence of over 45 of these postures and how to gracefully transition the recipient’s body from one pose to the next.
In Thai Yoga massage, dubbed as ‘the lazy man’s’ yoga, the recipient’s body is moved into various beneficial postures. The intentions of giving a Thai Yoga massage are to cultivate fluidity in body through movement, to enhance effective stretching, to facilitate the flow of energy, and to help calm the nervous system.
What are acupoints?
Acupoints are specific points along the meridians (energy lines) of the body. You will learn the location of some the most significant acupoints and how to make contact of these points to promote smooth flow of energy along the meridians. These meridians are categorized as either Yin or Yang. You will learn which two meridians (one Yin and one Yang) form the pair and how they affect the body, mind and spirit.
Twelve organ meridians from the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) are split into levels. Level 1 will cover the gall bladder (GB), the liver (Lv), the stomach (St), the spleen (Sp), the kidney (K), and the bladder (B). Level 2 will cover the heart (H), the pericardium(P), the large Intestine (LI), the small Intestine (SI), the triple warmer (TW), and the lung (Lu). You will learn how and in what ways these meridians are interdependent of each other.
Level I & II
In level 1, you will learn a sequence of postures to be able to give a 60 to 90-minute Thai Yoga massage with acupressure. A manual with photos of the 45 postures and 12 acupoints of 6 meridians along with descriptions of anatomy, movements, and acupoints are included in the training for each level.
Level 2 builds on what you learned in level 1. In level 2, you will learn another set of sequence of 45 postures and additional 12 acupoints. The course will be both lecture and demonstration of the practice. Throughout the course you will learn a few postures at a time and practice with fellow classmates. You will practice the full sequence in a 90-minute session with a classmate at the end of each course.
Full for both modules (total 21 hours) HK$9,200
Early Bird for both: HK$8,500* valid up to 1 month before course start
About the trainer
Please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org / call 2544-8398 / WhatsApp +852 6685 9097 (Click to start chat) for details.
Bookings can also be made directly through our office, please contact us.
- Please note that once paid, no refund will be offered on trainings and workshops.
- Full participation of training hours is required to obtain certification.
- Yoga Alliance Registered Programme