YogaWorks 200hr Teacher Training with David Kim
February 17, 2023 - March 14, 2023
This comprehensive 200-Hour Curriculum has been refined over 30 years and uniquely blends the eastern and western teachings of yoga with today’s most current and practical applications. YogaWorks’ approach is anchored in a deep understanding of the body and biomechanics, and goes far beyond teaching poses alone.
You will learn skilful vinyasa sequencing built on a foundation of artful cueing, an advanced study of asana, a deep understanding of anatomy, and the philosophical underpinnings of yoga. As a YogaWorks graduate, you will leave the training with a solid understanding of how to use creative, well-rounded sequencing to inspire others with an authentic voice and a deep sense of integrity.
DATES & DETAILS
Feb 17-26, 2023 (Day Off: Feb 22, Wed)
Mar 3-14, 2023 (Day Off: Mar 8, Wed)
Venue: Yoga Room
Early Bird: HK$27,000 (until 1 Jan 2023)
We recommend a minimum of six months of a consistence yoga practice or equivalent training.
WHAT WILL I LEARN IN THE 200-HOUR YOGAWORKS TEACHER TRAINING?
You will study the following topics in depth:
• Asana – learn the safe and intelligent way to perform poses
• Alignment – with modifications, variations and the proper use of props
• Sequencing – how to design dynamic, effective and intelligent sequences for all levels
• Working with different kinds of bodies/students
• How to observe bodies in practice
• Working with injuries and limitations
• Hands on adjustments
• Practice teaching
• Pranayama – breathing techniques
• Sanskrit translations
• The History and Philosophy of Yoga (Yoga Sutras of Patanjali)
• Prenatal Yoga
• The business of Yoga and how to be successful as a teacher
OUR 200-HOUR TEACHER TRAINING CURRICULUM INCLUDES:
• Advanced study of asana (proper alignment, benefits and potential risks)
• Principles of anatomy
• Science and art of sequencing
• Hands-on adjustments
• How to observe bodies
• Informed use of props to improve or modify a posture
• Cultivating your voice
• Confidence-building through practice teaching
• Yoga history and philosophy
• Sanskrit names of postures
• The Business of Yoga
WHAT MAKES YOGAWORKS TEACHER TRAINING UNIQUE?
• Lineage & Experience: We’ve refined our comprehensive curriculum over 25 years.
• Intelligent Sequencing: Learn the art and science of designing and delivering a safe, dynamic class.
• Learn to truly teach: Our program isn’t about memorizing and reciting sequences. Instead an emphasis is placed on teaching principles for clearly instructing students bodies into alignment.
• Find Yourself: We give you the space and opportunity to find your own teaching style.
• Global Recognition: With a legacy that includes today’s yoga leaders and over 10,000 alumni, YogaWorks teacher training is respected worldwide. Celebrated alumni include: Seane Corn, Shiva Rea, Annie Carpenter, Natasha Rizopoulos, Vinnie Marino, Kathryn Budig and many more.
• Yoga Alliance 5-star rated accredited training school
200-HOUR REQUIRED READING:
• Heart of Yoga by Desikachar
• Yoga, Mind, Body & Spirit by Donna Farhi
• Light On Yoga by B.K.S Iyengar
• Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Swami Satchidananda
ABOUT DAVID KIM
- Please note that once paid, no refund will be offered on training and workshops.
- Full participation of training hours is required to obtain certification.
- Yoga Alliance Registered Program.