YogaWorks 200hr Teacher Training with David Kim
February 5, 2022 - March 20, 2022
This comprehensive 200-Hour Curriculum has been refined over 30 years and uniquely blends the eastern and western teachings of yoga with today’s most current and practical applications. YogaWorks’ approach is anchored in a deep understanding of the body and biomechanics, and goes far beyond teaching poses alone. You will learn skillful vinyasa sequencing built on a foundation of artful cueing, an advanced study of asana, a deep understanding of anatomy, and the philosophical underpinnings of yoga. As a YogaWorks graduate, you will leave the training with a solid understanding of how to use creative, well-rounded sequencing to inspire others with an authentic voice and a deep sense of integrity.
DATES & DETAILS
Part 1: 5-8 Feb (Sat-Tues) & 10-13 Feb (Thurs-Sun), 2022
Part 2: 26 Feb – 1 March (Sat-Tues) & 3-6 March (Thurs-Sun), 2022
Part 3: 17-20 March (Thurs-Sun), 2022
Venue: Yoga Room
We recommend a minimum of six months of a consistence yoga practice or equivalent training.
WHAT WILL I LEARN IN THE 200-HOUR YOGAWORKS TEACHER TRAINING?
You will study the following topics in depth:
• Asana – learn the safe and intelligent way to perform poses
• Alignment – with modifications, variations and the proper use of props
• Sequencing – how to design dynamic, effective and intelligent sequences for all levels
• Working with different kinds of bodies/students
• How to observe bodies in practice
• Working with injuries and limitations
• Hands on adjustments
• Practice teaching
• Pranayama – breathing techniques
• Sanskrit translations
• The History and Philosophy of Yoga (Yoga Sutras of Patanjali)
• Prenatal Yoga
• The business of Yoga and how to be successful as a teacher
OUR 200-HOUR TEACHER TRAINING CURRICULUM INCLUDES:
• Advanced study of asana (proper alignment, benefits and potential risks)
• Principles of anatomy
• Science and art of sequencing
• Hands-on adjustments
• How to observe bodies
• Informed use of props to improve or modify a posture
• Cultivating your voice
• Confidence-building through practice teaching
• Yoga history and philosophy
• Sanskrit names of postures
• The Business of Yoga
WHAT MAKES YOGAWORKS TEACHER TRAINING UNIQUE?
• Lineage & Experience: We’ve refined our comprehensive curriculum over 25 years.
• Intelligent Sequencing: Learn the art and science of designing and delivering a safe, dynamic class.
• Learn to truly teach: Our program isn’t about memorizing and reciting sequences. Instead an emphasis is placed on teaching principles for clearly instructing students bodies into alignment.
• Find Yourself: We give you the space and opportunity to find your own teaching style.
• Global Recognition: With a legacy that includes today’s yoga leaders and over 10,000 alumni, YogaWorks teacher training is respected worldwide. Celebrated alumni include: Seane Corn, Shiva Rea, Annie Carpenter, Natasha Rizopoulos, Vinnie Marino, Kathryn Budig and many more.
• Yoga Alliance 5-star rated accredited training school
200-HOUR REQUIRED READING:
• Heart of Yoga by Desikachar
• Yoga, Mind, Body & Spirit by Donna Farhi
• Light On Yoga by B.K.S Iyengar
• Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Swami Satchidananda
Since 1990, YogaWorks has been a leader in yoga education and our celebrated alumni have gone on to become some of the world’s most renowned yoga teachers. The YogaWorks Teacher Training program blends yoga traditions from the east and west, integrating both into a practical and unique method that combines vinyasa flow with an emphasis on alignment and skillful sequencing. Our mission is to provide each student with the necesary foundation to skillfully teach with compassion, safety and integrity, while honoring his or her individual voice and style. Whether you join us to become a teacher or simply to deepen your own practice, the YogaWorks training will uniquely prepare you to leave your mark on the world.
ABOUT DAVID KIM
Booking can also be made directly through our office, please contact us.
- Please note that once paid, no refund will be offered on training and workshops.
- Full participation of training hours is required to obtain certification.
- Yoga Alliance Registered Program.