Hema is the founder of The Yoga Room and has been a yoga devotee for many years and completed her first teacher training in Boston in 2004 while completing her BSc. in Dietetics.
As many yoga teachers, she sees yoga as a continuing education and is always evolving to become a better teacher. She has studied Yin under teachers Paul Grilley and David Kim. She completed her advanced 300 hours training in Yoga Therapeutics (Svastha Yoga Program) with Dr. Ganesh Mohan. She is a YA registered prenatal and YogaKids teacher.
Hema creates a safe, non-competitive space for her students and believes that yoga should be accessible for all. She has a calm grounding presence and teaches with an ongoing awareness of breath guiding students through sequences which are clear and emphasizes proper alignment, mindfulness and meditation. She believes that Yoga should not stop on the mat but should be reflected in every day actions.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- RYT 200 hour Hatha Teacher Training with Debbie Cohen in 2004
- Radiant Child Yoga Program with Shakta Khalsa in 2006
- 83 hour Hatha Teacher training with Patrick Creelman in 2006
- 100 contact hours and 300 non contact hours of Yogakids Training in 2008
- 30 hour Yin Yoga Teacher training with Paul Grilley, 2011
- 75 hour Prenatal teacher training with Yoga Space in 2011
- Next Generation Yoga kids yoga training with Jodi Komitor in 2012
- RYT 200 hour Power Vinyasa Teacher training with Janet Lau in 2014
- 50 hour Mastering the art of vinyasa yoga with Jason Crandell in 2016
- 20 hour Dharma yoga wheel training in 2016
- RYT 300-Hour Certification Svastha Yoga Therapeutics with Dr. Ganesh Mohan, 2017
- 30 hour Yin Yoga training with David Kim in 2017